Wear appropriate glasses
As we live our busy lives, one thing that connects us is the roads we share every day, whether we are drivers, bikers, cyclist or pedestrians.
It is therefore crucial that we are road-ready, in order to ensure your own safety and that of the people around you.
And that starts with good vision.
Get regular eye checks to ensure visual health
Check your vision regularly to ensure you have the vision correction you need at all times.Check your vision
Protect your eyes from glare on sunny days and at night
We are constantly exposed to multiple sources of light, so it is important that you wear appropriate glasses that can help prevent visual discomfort and reduce reflections.
Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful UV light.
And remember: you can also get sunglasses with the vision correction you need.
Take part in our special World Sight Day
“Road-Ready Photo Contest”
On the occasion of World Sight Day on 11 October, we introduce a global “Road-Ready Photo Contest”.
The concept is easy: showcase your “road-ready essentials”, the items you take with to make your day a success, whether you’re just popping out for your weekly grocery shopping, going to work or embarking on your long-awaited road trip.
How it works
- Gather the things that help you be “road-ready”, including your favorite shades or eyeglasses.
- Use the knolling technique to arrange the items in a way that is pleasing to the eye.
- Photograph the arranged items from above.
- Post the picture on your favorite social media channel, with @essilor, #EssilorWSD2018contest and #ReadyForTheRoad.
- Your picture will be automatically uploaded onto our social wall, and the pictures with the most likes or selected by the jury will win a special prize.
- The winners will be announced on Essilor’s social media on October 25th.Read the photo contest rules